Scholarships & Awards
Each of the five degree programs in the Health Sciences department offers scholarships and awards each year on a competitive basis for its students. Application materials are made available to students in the fall and winter, and students are honored in the spring at the annual Student Recognition Day.
Environmental Health Program Scholarships
- Russelmann Scholarship - <$500 – Awarded for academic excellence and commitment to the profession.
EH Discovery Scholarship - <$2000 over two years - Awarded to provide assistance to those students newly admitted to the Environmental Health program.
- Illinois Environmental Health Association offers the O.L. Meyer Student Stipend Award. Deadline is in October.
- The Association of Food and Drug Officials offer the George M. Burditt/Betsy B. Woodward/Denise C. Rooney Scholarships. Applications are due in the month of February. More information available here.
- The Chicago and Prairie Local Section AIHCE stipend. Due date is typically around the first of the year.
National Environmental Health/American Academy of Sanitarians Scholarship. Applications must be submitted by February 1 of the award year being applied for.
The Environmental Protection Agency offers EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study. EPA-F2013E-GRO-P2
Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Land of Lincoln Chapter offers a scholarship with a due date of March 31.
Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Mentorship Program offers a small stipend, mentoring, and other benefits for minority students.
- Visit AEHAP for more information on scholarships in the Environmental Health field.
- The WINGS Award was established by the McLean County YWCA to encourage women in professional and personal development through mentoring and financial support and is sponsored by past recipients of the YWCA Women of Distinction Award.
For detailed information about a particular item, please contact:
George Byrns, Program Director for Environmental Health - email@example.com
The Department of Health Sciences offers qualified students the challenge and distinction of earning Departmental Honors through approved course work. Students completing the department’s requirements will receive an Honors degree in Health Sciences which will be indicated on the official transcript and diploma upon conferral. Additional information, including admission and program requirements.