Eta Sigma Gamma
Eta Sigma Gamma (ESG) Omega Chapter is ISU's student chapter of the National Professional Health Education Honorary. For more information on our local chapter, check out its Facebook page.
ESG is a student honorary chapter and Illinois State student organization that provides opportunities for Health Promotion and Education and interested Illinois
State students to:
- Coordinate and operate a professional organization
- Develop leadership skills
- Provide teaching, research and service in the area of Health Promotion and Education
- Meet Health Promotion and Education professionals/graduates and Health Promotion and Education students
The mission of the honorary is promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competency and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education.
The goals of the honorary include:
- Supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs and resources
- Stimulating and disseminating scientific research
- Motivating and providing health education services
- Recognizing academic achievement
- Supporting health education advocacy initiatives
- Promoting professional standards and ethics
- Promoting networking activities among health educators and related professionals
Students learn networking skills on professional and social levels while learning about potential careers in the Health Education profession.
Yearly the Omega Chapter hosts an initiation ceremony that welcomes new members into the national Eta Sigma Gamma organization.
ESG is open to all qualified health education majors and interested ISU students.
Contact faculty advisor Mark Temple for more information.