Careers in Environmental Health
Environmental Health (EH) professionals enjoy a broad selection of job opportunities and options for professional growth based on their education, skills, and interests.
Average starting salaries for environmental health professionals typically range from $35,000 - $67,000 per year, with rapid advancement, depending on career field and previous work experience.
Environmental Health Program graduates from ISU have been hired for the following professional positions:
- Air Quality Specialist, Industry
- Associate Program Manager, Public Health Department
- Compliance Officer, Federal Worker Protection Agency
- Director of Environmental Health, Public Health Department
- Director of Occupational Health, Medical Center
- Environmental Consultant, Private Consulting Firm
- Field Sanitarian, County Health Department
- Safety and Health Coordinator, Medical College
- Hazardous Waste Coordinator, Federal Environmental Protection Agency
- Industrial Hygienist, Industry
- Environmental Quality Analyst, State Dept. of Natural Resources
- Environmental Health Technician, Industry